The design principles of the Rails Network are:
- 1.Standalone Blockchain: The Rails Network is a standalone private blockchain with self-contained technical and business functions and a native Steam Exchange (STX*) coin that functions as the base trading pair for all digital assets offered through the Steam Exchange ecosystem
- 2.Anti-scam: The node client code provides anti-scam features to eliminate some of the most common malicious practices in the crypto ecosphere
- 3.Sustainable: The PoWbA consensus mechanism is environmentally friendly, ability to mitigate the hash rate arms race by being able to modify the rewards for both running nodes and proof of work separately and has a negligible barrier to entry
- 4.Fast and secure: The network architecture together with the consensus mechanism offers significantly better performance, (for eg. below average block time, higher transaction capacity) and overall security than typical layer one networks
- 5.Ethereum Compatibility: The Rails Network is designed to take advantage of the relatively mature base of applications and communities on both the Ethereum and Binance Smart Chain (BSC). This means that nearly most, if not all, of the ecosystem components, DApps, and other tools functioning with the Rails Network with minimal changes.
(*) Subject to change